Electricity consumption of the brain

Our brain uses as much energy as a 20watt light bulb. With that, only 1% of our brain cells are active simultaneously. The other 99% is used too, only not at the same time. That would be impossible; our brain already uses 20% of the oxygen we breath in, and it would get overheated.

Comment:When you have a meeting of   100 people, the total power consumption is 2000 watts. That is the maximum power you can connect to one power plug in the wall. Or as much as 10 LCD projectors. A meeting of 1.000 participants when put to work, imagine what you could do with 20.000 watts of electricity… The power of the brain, the  power of meetings.
Facebook iconLinkedIn iconTwitter icon